Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Staying in shape in the off-season.

Well, after vegging out and being inactive for over a week after dragonboat season ended, I decided to hit the gym again....hard. I actually hit the gym last week, but it was just a lazy circuit train.

I did a slightly modified version of the Men's Health 300 workout. All are supposed to be done without any rest. But I cheated and rested a few times, else I would've passed out.

25 - pullups (kipping)
50 - 135lbs deadlifts
50 - bodyweight squats (the normal 300 workout calls for 24 inch boxjumps, but I was feeling dizzy at this point)
50 - floor wipers (I had to do 5 sets of 10)
50 - single arm clean and press with 35lbs dumbbell (original calls for kettle bell)
25 - pullups (kipping...I had to break it up into 3 sets of 2, 11, and 12...I was so burnt out of energy)

The 300 guys hold a record of doing it in 18-19 minutes. I did it in like 43 minutes.

For a video of what the original exercises should look like, check here.

Afterwards, I dashed out of the gym. They were about to close when I finished my last set of pullups. Furthermore, I had to sit in the car for a moment while I caught my breath. When I got out of the car when I got home I felt a crazy cramp in my hamstrings. I inched my way into the house and started stretching like a madman. I then proceeded to consume an orange, and then a banana. When my stomach settles, I think I'll fix up a protein shake.

Man oh man...feeling like dying never felt so good.

0 comments: